Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Coyote Lost and Found

 


The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise ranks as one of my all-time favorite young adult books.  Dan Gemeinhart is a brilliant wordsmith and author.  I read the book aloud to my fifth graders because they HAVE to hear her story.  When he came out with a sequel to continue the story, I could not wait.  It did not disappoint.  In Lost and Found, Coyote discovers her dad had been hiding her mom's ashes for 6 years.  When he tells her that her mom had written down where she would like her ashes scattered, Coyote is compelled to fulfill her mother's wishes.  Unfortunately, the book in which she had written her request was left at a book swap store.  So the gang gets back on the bus for another trip to find the book so she can finally say goodbye to her mom.  This installment had a few more borderline-swear words than I would have liked for this grade level:  freaking, sucks, damn, etc.  It also spoke of tweens dating and kissing.  However, I feel compelled to carry it for the more mature readers in my libraries.  (FIC GEM)

No comments:

Post a Comment