Tuesday, July 30, 2019

The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise

This one wrapped me up and didn't let me go.  I ugly-cried in public at the end.  It was unique and beautiful and it will stick with me for a long time.  Coyote and her father have lived on a bus - driving around the country - for five years... since "it" happened.  During a phone call from her Grandma, Coyote learns that the local park where she used to live is being demolished.  There is a memory box under a tree there that she HAS to retrieve.  She promised.  But her dad vowed never to go back there. It's a no-go.  Coyote stands up to her father, and the ghosts of her past, and begins the journey back to her family.  Along the way, the pick up a glorious cast of characters who help them find their way home.  I adored this book.  (FIC GEM)

No comments:

Post a Comment